Thursday 9 July 2015

Banana and Blueberry Muffins

Being on vacation can be both a real pleasure while leaving behind school work or job, but it can also be a little bit of a struggle. For me myself, I often find it hard to find right places to go and eat because there is a lot of food I simply can't eat! Well, I've sort of found out what kind of restaurants I can go to without any worries (such as Vietnamese restaurants or Asian in general), but when it comes to sweets I'm kind of stuck. It's often very hard – nearly impossible to find cafe's, restaurants or bakeries that make gluten and dairy-free desserts, so I therefore find it so much better to put together a couple of ingredients that they basically sell in whatever city you may be in! I was really lucky to have a complete kitchen in our rented apartment in Berlin, but you'll do fine as long as you have an oven! I've tried to make this recipe suit a typical holiday-lifestyle, where there isn't a lot of fancy whole food shops, and I've therefore have used soy flour when baking these ones. Until now I don't think I've been to a single shop without seeing soy flour placed in the shelves, so I think soy flour is a great option when you've got nothing else by hand. These muffins are so good-tasting, and are perfectly soft and moist in the middle. They have a lovely taste from the sweet banana, and the blueberry juice literally just melts in the mouth just by taking a bite! A lovely sweet treat on a summer day!


BANANA AND BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
Makes 12 muffins

3 ripe bananas
1 cup soy flour
1/2 cup sesame oil
2 organic eggs
1 tsp natron bicarbonate
1/2 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat the oven to 150°C / 300°F, and line 12 muffin moulds on a baking tray. Mash the bananas in a bowl using the back of a fork, and mash until it's got a smooth and even texture. Simply add the rest of the ingredients, give it a good stir and add about 2 tablespoons of batter into each mould. Place in the oven for 20 minutes and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment