Monday 6 July 2015

Overnight Aqai and Flaxseed Oats


When it comes to breakfast, I feel like nothing can compare with the wonderful feeling of planning out which delicious meal you're going to make the next day. Sometimes I take this little session of planning and imagining which breakfast I want to cook for myself right before I stand up the same morning, while other times I'm quite targeted when it comes to what I imagine I would like to eat. Often, I make breakfast plans in my head for up to a week ahead! That was the case this morning, and I therefore find overnight oats perfect when I find myself in that situation. The feeling of going to bed, knowing that the breakfast is in the fridge, processing and intensifying all the flavours and nutrition inside of them, must be one of the best feelings. This is yet another reason to look forward to wake up!


OVERNIGHT AQAI AND FLAXSEED OATS
Serves 1

1/2 cup oats
2 tsp ground flaxseeds
2 tsp aqai berry powder
1/3 cup coconut water
1/3 cup almond milk

Topping
2 figs, dried or fresh
goji berries
sunflower seeds

Combine all ingredients for the overnight oats in a little bowl, stir and place in the fridge and (obviously) let sit in the fridge over the night or for at least 6 hours to make the oats expand and let the flaxseeds form a sort of gel-like layer outside of them. Once ready to be eaten, take out of the fridge, half the figs, place them on top and drizzle over some goji berries and sunflower seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment